One of the repercussions of the awful COVID-19 pandemic has been the obligatory opportunity for us to take stock, reset, and approach operations differently going forward to accommodate the changes enforced upon society. Firstly, to all of those wondering, the third Classic Car and Motorcycle Meet of 2020, initially scheduled for Wednesday 1st July, has been cancelled to obey governmental guidelines.
We will be undertaking a soft relaunch with the services stated below only:
Friday 3rd July - Our normal phone and fetch summer feast will be available for takeaway collection from 4.30pm to 7.30pm in reserved ten-minute slots via 01406 540300.
Saturday 4th July (the date we are allowed to reopen) - Our summer feast will be available for takeaway collection (£10 and £3 for desserts) in ten-minute slots from 4.30pm to 7.30pm or alternatively, you can book a table in the restaurant or garden for the summer feast (£14.95 including a dessert) during this window. In addition, the bar will reopen for the first time since March at 4.30pm until close.
Sunday 5th July - The carvery will be available from noon to 4.30pm in ten-minute bookable takeaway collection slots for £10 or, to enjoy at a reserved time during this window in our restaurants or garden, it is £11.95. The bar will be open from noon until close.
Important information to note:
1. By law, we are required to take contact details of all guests and you will be required to complete a contact card on arrival for coronavirus track and trace purposes.
2. Please remember that social distancing behaviours will be observed at all times, including new measures implemented during lockdown to facilitate this practice: signs, barriers, hygiene utensils (anti-bacterial soap and gloves), improved contactless mobile phone payments etc.
3. Please reserve all food requests via 01406 540300 and not Facebook, email or walk-in.
4. Our takeaway beer collection and fruit and vegetable basket services remain available via 01406 540300.
5. A streamlined menu and revised opening hours will be published before Thursday 9th July. From this date, the pub will be open from Thursdays to Sundays, with hours to be confirmed.